- Write the following cardinal numerals with letters and make the corresponding ordinal numerals.
1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 11; 12; 14; 15; 21; 25; 28; 30; 52; 67; 74; 83; 99; 100.
- 245; 533; 816.
2. 3,562; 7,324.
3. Сто книг; сотня страниц; сотни людей.
4. Тысяча машин; тысячи людей; миллион книг.
5. 2+3=5; 7-4=3; 3х5=15; 10:2=5.
6. 1 Января; 8 Марта.
7. Глава 5; автобус 6.
8. 3.45; 8.09.
9. 2/3; 4/5.
- Fill in cardinal or ordinal numerals.
- There are ________ months in a year.
- January is ________ month of the year.
- May is ________ month of the year.
- There are ________ months in winter.
- December is ________ month of the year and ________ month of winter.
- There are ________ days in a week: ________ one is Monday, ________ one is Tuesday, ________one is Wednesday, ________ one is Thursday, ________ one is Friday, ________ one is Saturday and ________ one is Sunday.
- Sunday is ________ day of the week in England and ________ one in Russia.
- Monday is ________ day in Russia and ________ in Great Britain.
- There are ________ hours in a day, ________ minutes in an hour and ________ seconds in a minute.
- September, April, June and November have ________ days. All the rest have ________ except February.
- У твоего старшего брата две машины.
2. Я занял первое место на соревновании по шахматам.
3. В моей комнате пять стульев и два стола.
4. Этот твидовый пиджак стоит 300 долларов.
5. Пятый сезон этой программы обещает быть интересным.
- Choose the correct answer.
- The 23rd of April 1987.
- a) The twenty-three of April one thousand nine hundred eighty-seven
b) The twenty-threed of April nineteen eight seven
c) The twenty-third of April nineteen eighty-seven
- There are … people in the restaurant.
- a) sixteen
- Your second book is worse than … .
- a) first
b) the first
- Olivia found this quotation on … page.
- a) the forty-fifth
- I need … peaches for a pie.
- a) three
b) the third
- One, two, three, four, five, eleven, twelve, fourteen, fifteen, twenty-one, twenty-five, twenty-eight, thirty, fifty-two, sixty-seven, seventy-four, eighty-three, ninety-nine, one hundred;First, second, third, fourth, fifth, eleventh, twelfth, fourteenth, fifteenth, twenty- first, twenty-fifth, twenty-eighth, thirtieth, fifty-second, sixty-seventh, seventy-fourth, eighty-third, ninety-ninth, one hundredth.
- two hundred and forty-five, five hundred and thirty-three, eight hundred and sixteen.
2. three thousand five hundred and sixty-two, seven thousand three hundred and twenty-four.
3. one hundred books, a hundred (of) pages, hundreds of people.
4. one thousand cars (a thousand cars), thousands of people, millions of books.
5. two and three is five (two plus three equals five), seven minus four is three, three multiplied by five is fifteen, ten divided by two is five.
6. The 1st of January (1 January, January 1 — The first of January, January the first), the 8th of March (8 March, March 8 — The eighth of March, March the eighth).
7. Chapter five, bus six.
8. Three point four five, eight point zero nine.
9. Two thirds, four fifths.
- the first
- the fifth
- the twelfth, the first
- seven, the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, the seventh.
- thefirst, theseventh
- thefirst, thesecond
- twentyfour, sixty, sixty
- thirty, thirtyone
- Your elder brother has got two cars.
2. I took first place on the chess competition.
3. There are five chairs and two tables in my room.
4. This tweed jacket costs $ 300.
5. The fifth season of this show is going to be interesting.
- 1. c) 2. a) 3. b) 4. a) 5. a)